FX 5.0 has been released to the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.fx
Major changes relative to v4.x:
- Material Design user interface update.
- Added "FX Connect", enabling file transfer between two devices using Wi-Fi Direct. NFC enabled devices can be connected by touching their backs together while FX is open. Shared clipboard features enables copy/paste between two devices. Sharing can be set-up to allow remote access to files (either a guest folder or full admin access) and/or music.
- Added "FX Web Access", based on NextApp WebSharing. When active, a device's files and media may be browsed from a desktop computer. Files and folders may be uploaded from the computer via drag-and-drop. Web Access supports also supports directly browsing images and video. It also features a music player that can stream music from a device to the computer.
- Added "Save As" activity to allow saving files locally when sharing them from any third-party app.
- Improved performance and fixes of indexed local file search.
- Improved access to MicroSD cards and USB devices ("Enable Write Access" and "Connect to Storage" features).
- Added ability to mark arbitrary junk files as hidden.